Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

"What's cookin' round here" May 2015

Buffalo Chicken Dip

It's funny the things you miss when you are away from the place you are used to living.  7 months into this chapter of our lives and I randomly wanted the buffalo chicken dip my sister-in-law has made for showers.  One of the things I never thought I would miss EVER was showers, baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, ladies get-together type things.  They were always quite overwhelming for me because I'm a bit shy inside, even though you might not guess that if you met me.  Well, it turns out, I miss those showers and that fellowship with those precious women and meeting new ladies in my community with which I can converse and get to know.  And it's funny that I miss that cool part of planning a gathering like that with a group of women who all bring different skills and giftings to the party planning. And yup, I miss the food too :) So I found a recipe online that seemed similar to the buffalo chicken dip my sister-in-law (HI ALICIA if you are reading this!) makes.  Hers is amazing and I think she gets hers from Tastefully Simple or something close to that name.  The one I found online was at Skinny Taste (here is the link if you'd like it http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html) and I'm sure this recipe would be awesome but I had to change it a bit for where I live so here is what I did:

Mix together until smooth, the following:

  • Cream Cheese (like one block...what is that like 8oz or something...I have no idea how much I used because it looks different sometimes. It's quite pricey here but was worth it!)
  • Sour Cream (I've got something pretty close to sour cream here but I actually think it might be a bit better!)
  • Tabasco sauce (that was the only option I could find and it had quite a kick to it but was yummy; totally use a different hot sauce if you've got a favorite)
  • 1 tsp vinegar
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • sugar (I added some sugar because the kick from the hot sauce was serious lol)
Put it in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours or simmer on the stove over low for 30 minutes.

We ate it on crackers but it'd would be yummy on anything in our opinion!
It wasn't as close to the one I wanted so we might not do it again unless we have guests who want something spicy but it was worth the try!



No comments:

Post a Comment